Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pregnancy.....what they don't tell you!

I’m 27 wks  and my body has been through SO MANY changes it’s not even funny. Call me crazy but all I knew about being pregnant was cravings, nausea, swollen breasts and feet and a little acne.
Why didn’t anyone inform me that my body will no longer be mine! Although, I knew this would be a life changing experience, I honestly didn’t expect all of this.

Morning Sickness
I never had morning sickness, it was more like 24/7. Although, I never threw up, I couldn’t smell ANYTHING! Everything just smelled so awful!  I used to eat fish and cook it frequently for King but I couldn’t see or smell any fish/meat!  I remember going to the fish market one day and had to quickly run out because the smell was unbearable.
Peanut Butter was not my friend during the first trimester but after that it cured my nausea along with Apple Juice. Weird, right?!
I was told Ginger tea was good for nausea but that didn’t work for me, although I could drink ginger ale like it was water.  In fact, I could only drink peppermint tea, ginger ale, apple juice and water during the first 22 weeks. 

Cravings
Don’t really have any. If I wanted something, after I got it, I wouldn’t want it any more after that! Although I like bbq sauce right now but it’s not something I have to have.

Fatigue
I have no desire to do anything most times and then there are other times, I feel like I can run a marathon. Honestly, sometimes I forget that I’m pregnant. I don’t know if it’s because my belly is small but I have to remind myself that I am. In the beginning, I would sleep ALL THE TIME! I couldn’t stay up no longer than 3 hours.

Back Pain
This has got to be the worst thing I have gone through with this pregnancy. There are times I would cry from all the pain. It would feel like someone is continuously stabbing me in the back. I found a relief by using a tennis ball as a massager. This is the only thing that helps me and King is the only one to do it exactly how I need it done. That video was a life saver!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-nhQsB9B_c&list=FLaoA3Zq6oBY7dRMASszWHcQ&index=20&feature=plpp_video

No one told me………….
~ The bathroom would be my bff. Sometimes I have to go twice in 10 mins. It’s fun not having a menstrual cycle (yea I know, TMI)but this peeing on me and discharge is ridiculous.
~ I fart A LOT and they STINK so bad that I don’t want to smell it. I feel sorry for King having to smell it on a regular basis.
~ Constipation…although I haven’t in a while, sometimes I used to think this baby was coming out my A$$!!
~ Sex………what sex????? I don’t even think about it. YUCK!
~ Acne..didn’t notice I had sooo much on my back.
~ Baby Movement…this little girl is ALWAYS all over the place. Her favorite time to use me as a personal gym is between 1am and 5pm. Sometimes I have to run to the bathroom because she’s constantly right on my bladder.
That’s all I’ve experienced so far…….
Despite all of this, I LOVE being  pregnant. I love interacting with my princess. One thing for sure, she LOVES music. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!
Off topic.......belly is finally showing! Before I would tell people I'm expecting and they would laugh or say that I have no belly or I look 3 months pregnant the most. 
The baby bump is here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment